Monday, December 20, 2010

My Pink Stamper Challenge - Day 8 (Color)

Hey everyone!  Robyn over at My Pink Stamper (www.mypinkstamper.com) posted another challenge.  This challenge was to use teal or blue, brown, and green.  This is my creation...

The background contains all the colors needed to compete in the challenge and it gave me my inspiration :)  I cut the background from Plantin Schoolbook using the rectangle at 5 3/4".  The scallops came from page 55 in the Winter Woodland handbook.  I cut the green one at 4 1/4" and the ivory one at 4".  The bird and phrase came from the Create a Critter cartridge on page 65.  I cut the bird and all her layers at 3 1/4" and then cut the phrase and it's layer at 1 1/2".

I just got "pop dots" so.... I went a little crazy :)  I put one on the wing and bow, several on the bird, and two on the phrase.  I also used my yellow stickles to color in the birds nose and my crystal stickles to color in the phrase... I promise the phrase looks better in person than it does in the picture.  I'm not sure why it looks so horrible. 

Hope you like it!

Crystal

2 comments:

  1. Very cute card. I really like your card.

    If you have time, check my blog out at: http://myscrapbookandcards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card!! I think the phrase looks great, too!

    ReplyDelete